Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Lottery

Q#1. What is a "lottery"? How does the title lead you to expect something very different from what the story presents?
The title "lottery" leads me to expect that something bad is going to happen, because a lot of times when people earn money from lottery, that get more greedier and finally turn in to wrong way or place. Lottery feels a little dark if I compare to colors. So, I feel like this story is going to be gloomier and more sad than other stories. 

Q#8. Can you support a claim that this story is presented from the objective point of view? Why is the dispassionate, matter-of-fact tone of the story so effective?
No, I can not support a claim that this story is presented from the objective point of view, because I think this story is not written as objective point of view. 

No comments: